Sunday, December 20, 2009

All I want for Christmas...

No, I already have 2 front teeth...but a chance to visit my little girl sometime over the holidays would be nice...

I had the chance to chat with lil b, briefly, but I got to hear her voice! Lol, I must be smitten. Just the opportunity to hear her makes my heart smile...

So, last night she was a hurtin and tired lil girl. she had a bit too much to drink with friends the evening before, and because I had no service on loc, I did not get her message, asking if she could skip out on training. So she made the decision herself that because she felt yucky, she would be exempt. I'm weighing the options and trying to decide if she needs to be punished for deciding to go that route. Because we were not in contact, I am going to use some caution here, but if we were in contact I have the feeling I would have told her to do it. Here's the thing tho, I am very happy she did ask. And I won't be punishing her for that. I need her to be open with me and to discuss her mental and physical state so I can make decisions like this. However, the points making me lean toward punishing her are strong too. First, her illness was self induced. she made the choice to have too much to drink, and suffered the consequences the next day, so the fact she was hurtin doesn't really have any bearing on my decision. Second, I have been letting her off her training a little more frequent than I would like, and in order for it to be effective, it needs to be consistent. This is something we discussed, so she knows that its important she does it. And third, she made the choice to not do it herself. she did ask, which I am glad about, but because she didn't receive an answer was not carte blanche to do whatever she wanted. My lil one is a clever girl, and I think she knows that her training is important, and I think she knows I would have most likely told her to do it.

So I am going to be weighing these thoughts for a little while. And making my decision shortly...


"In its function, the power to punish is not essentially different from that of curing or educating."

-  Michel Foucault

No comments:

Post a Comment