Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We break from this program for an important bulletin...

What is it with jobs? I think there's some kind of secret underground management fraternity that has very specific membership criteria.
Seriously, are there any jobs out there where those in management positions are not complete douches? I went in to work this morning, dragging my tired butt out of a comfy bed, only to find my place of employment nearly deserted. (also grumbling under my breath that I shouldn't have to be there on remembrance day.) I then proceeded to phone my manager, who told me "no work today, its remembrance day, remember?" so I went home.
Not 2 hours later, I got called BACK into work to do some menial testing that could have been done tomorrow by anyone! Wtf, over?
So here I sit, clad in dirty coveralls, filthy hands and all, blogging while I work. And to quote the great , Brian O'Halloran as Dante, "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Sigh, I need a vacation.

Today's Parenting Tip:  Treat a difficult child the way you would your boss at work.  Praise his achievements, ignore his tantrums and resist the urge to sit him down and explain to him how his brain is not yet fully developed.  ~Robert Brault

No comments:

Post a Comment