Monday, November 9, 2009

Crazy in the night

Is it just me, or do emotions feel more powerful in the quiet darkness when the moon and stars take over control of the sky?
Not just any emotions either, fear, desire, pain, bliss, all the emotions of passion cloud rational judgment bringing some kind of chaos to life in twilight.
Laying in bed, thinking about who may be out there. Who else is staring at the ceiling, thinking about their own discoveries in this life. I feel I want so badly to share my desire with those around me. Show them the bliss it has brought to me, perhaps even find someone else whom has had their candle lit, only to be hidden under that bowl.

Well, I guess the darkness is a place best suited to self discovery, less distraction around you, helps your gaze focus inward.

"Night is a dead monotonous period under a roof; but in the open world it passes lightly, with its stars and dews and perfumes, and the hours are marked by changes in the face of Nature. What seems a kind of temporal death to people choked between walls and curtains, is only a light and living slumber to the man who sleeps afield."

Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment