Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Small towns, and boredom...

So, I'm currently enjoying a leisurely coffee and breakfast in a teeny tiny greasy spoon restaurant in Coronation, AB. Its actually kind of cool, black and white photos of the town in the early 1900's, old vinyl 45s, and coke ads from eras past all adorn the walls of the quaint eatery. Its manned by a staff of 3, an older couple in (I'm guessing here) their late fifties, and one young waitress who cannot be any older than 19. While enjoying a plate of warm poached eggs, toast, bacon, and hash browns, with an orange slice as garnish (they still do that? Cool!) I was reading some of Able Jenkins Blog posts regarding his imagining a spanking situation in some of these unlikely locals and it got me thinking about this place...

The young server has a very demure, almost shy demeanor and I picture her being held accountable for even the smallest indiscretions, by the older restaurant managers.

If you come in on the right day, at the right time, you'd be witness to the dressing down of the young lady, tears welling up in her eyes as she's led to the kitchen to face the dreaded wooden spoon that has served the restaurant for decades. Her loud cries and apologies can be heard echoing throughout the tiny dining room as crack after stinging crack are firmly and lovingly applied to her bared bottom. After her she is told to wipe her tears, and continue her shift. The few customers in the restaurant give her sympathetic looks as the young, chastised waitress refills their coffees and cleans up the now finished breakfast dishes. Her bottom is still sore, and stinging, but she can't help but notice that the size of the tips left, are always larger on days where the customers hear her over the knee kitchen ordeals....

Hmmmm....yum!


J

2 comments:

  1. There! Blogger hates me, everytime I try to comment on a Blogger blog, it refuses to load the comment page. I tried at least 6 times, before I got yours to load. It's not your blog, though, it does it on every blogger blog. Grr.

    Anyway, I really loved your little restaurant scenario. When I first started reading, I was going to grumble at you for making me want a delicious breakfast. Now I just want breakfast in THAT restaurant where that girlie is getting her buns warmed. *sigh* See what you do to me? ;) How are you doing anyway? Long time no talk, yo. Hope you're doing well.

    Celine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! And glad I've helped corrupt your observations of daily life ;-)

    ReplyDelete