Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lexan!

So, I got home last night, and I stopped at crappy tire on my way and picked up some lexan polish! First thing I did, after getting home, was cut the 4' rod into 2 - 2' pieces. I ground the cut end down to a smooth rounded tip, and tried out the polish. Unfortunately it didn't really work that well. But I grabbed some 2000 grit, detailer's sandpaper and tried sanding the haze out, and polishing after. It wasn't perfect, but it turned out MUCH better!

I tried using some very thin nylon cord to wrap a handle, and it worked, but its not pretty. So, this one will be my own personal toy. I am going to be grabbing a nicely detailed wooden dowel to construct a handle for lil b's rod, perhaps try and incorporate some kind of cutsie pink detail into the handle.

And for Master Anakin/Darth Vader and padme, I have a REALLY cool Idea, but its gonna take some work, and I want it to be a surprise!

Speaking of padme...I feel horrible about the rough situation she's dealing with right now. I wish I could be there to give her a big hug and help take her mind off things. :( although she hurts, I know she has an incredible man in her life, who loves her with all his heart. You have a rock solid foundation, padme, on which to rebuild the home for your heart. Master Anakin is there for you, and will help you through this tempest. *hugs*

Off to work peeps! Will be keeping tabs via twitter and blogs! Take care all!

Follow me on twitter @Friendlouis

J

"Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll."

-- Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a good friend to me. Your the best! I appreciate the support during my difficult time.
    Big Hugs,
    padme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexan polish? Who knew.

    I must drop into Cdn Tire and Grocery at noon and check that out. (Does yours stock a full grocery range now too?)

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  3. No groceries at ours. The lexan polish is actually a special rubbing compound for motercycle and boat windshields, and to remove haze from headlights, as some of those products are made from lexan. You may have better luck at a place like "part source" or "auto value" finding one made specifically for lexan. And actually the 2000 grit sandpaper may be harder to find! Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, now I know what you mean.

    Our Cdn Tire is trying to compete with Wal-Mart and be all things to all people, hence the food and clothing.

    ReplyDelete