Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Work is my horrible necessity. As much as I despise my current job, as you've all read, and re read, I'm sure, I cannot just quit. :( what a fantasy that would be. To walk in to work one day and just flip the bird to the management saying on my way out the door, "goodbye, and good riddance bitches!"

But like everyone else, there are bills to pay, and responsibilities to meet. I just spent nearly a week stuck in the bush with no contact with the outside world. As maddening as it can be, this situation has again steeled my resolve to get the FUCK out of this industry!

I should be able to send out some more resumes later today, and hopefully I get a call back from somewhere I will actually look forward to waking up in the morning, to be a difference maker.

Looking forward to catching the hockey game tonight! Be it on TV or radio, go team Canada! Let's show those Russians who's game they're playing!

"My job consists of basically masking my contempt for the assholes in charge, and, at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble Hell."

- Kevin Spacey (American Beauty)

No comments:

Post a Comment