Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ouch. And not the good ouch. The shitty ouch.

Me = Idiot. So I don't know how much you guys know about trucking, or the equipment on the truck, but I hurt myself today.

I've been disconnected from my trailer so I can travel between the hotel and the lease location. We're finished up here on location, and so I had to "dolly on" to the trailer. Well, on the trailer, there are things called "dolly legs" they're like the kickstand that holds a trailer up when there's no tractor under it. And. There's a crank to raise or lower these legs. Well, I had gotten all connected up, and was just getting ready to lift those up. I grabbed the handle, and there was quite a bit of tension on it, so I bore down and put some muscle into it. Well, I was wearing gloves. Greasy gloves. The handle slipped from my hands and whipped around. Normally, not a big deal. Unless, like me, you happen to have your face in the way of that metal handle that's whipping around. It was moving so fast I didn't even see it until my right cheek stopped it in its tracks. Like I said "ouch" not to mention a few other choice 4 letter words that may have been uttered.

Lmao, if you've seen the movie "Tommy Boy" with the late Chris Farley, there's a scene where David Spayde smokes him with a 2x4. He points at his face and says "it hurts, not up here, and not so much down here, but RIGHT here." pointing at a big red mark on his cheek. Lol, that's how I feel right now.

Lame

J

No comments:

Post a Comment