Sunday, March 7, 2010

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” - James Dean

So, I didn't really have anything to Blog about, but I really needed to chat with the readers. Its quite nice to just stand up on the soap box and quietly bask in the feeling that even when there's nothing to say, there are people listening.

I'm tired. Not just sleepy, I feel old. Worn out. Like the world is in the process of chewing me up like over cooked meat. The days string along like paper dolls, hand in hand as separate entities, but, inevitably still connected eternally. Its nice sometimes, I do have fleeting moments of joy, sleeping in on a day off, seeing a particular piece of countryside that speaks to me like a good book, hearing a great Stewart McLean story on the CBC's Vinyl Cafe (today at noon mountain time!), moments of peace or anger, or motivation, or heartbreak while hearing a moving piece of music.

These moments are few and far between. I want to feel like a boy again. The curiosity and wonder. The feeling of play. The ecstasy of youth. It seems like I haven't had that feeling of wonderfully chaotic excitement in too long.

Well, now that I've thoroughly depressed you all, lol, I'll take my leave of you. Keep smiling! ;)

Tomorrow

The sun'll come out tomorrow,
Bet your bottom dollar that
tomorrow,
there'll be sun!
Just thinking about tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs and
the sorrow till there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day
that's gray and lonely,
I just stick out my chin
and grin and say:

Oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you got to hang on till tomorrow
come what may!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow,
you're always a day away!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow,
you're only a day away!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow,
you're always a day away!

- Lea Salonga

1 comment:

  1. I like the Vinyl Cafe too. Kind of like Fresh Air used to be, a simple, kind approach to life. I usually catch the first part of it on Sundays.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete