Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Aid day 2

Well, I finish up my first aid today, and tomorrow is my last day of work before holidays! I absolutely cannot wait until the end of day tomorrow! I have a feeling my day is going to draaaAaaaaaag. I will be going camping out in the Salmon Arm/Shushwap area, and I probably won't be blogging, but I may be checking up on ya'll, so behave yourself! ;)

So, i figured I'd go into this in the spirit of honesty. *note - backstory first* So, in high school, and just after graduating for a bit, I did smoke a lot of pot. But, I discovered I actually didn't really enjoy it. I would get really thirsty after smoking, then instantly starving, then sleepy. I never really found it as a party drug, and I put on a bit of weight...

For the next 8 or 9 years I've done it maybe a handful of times, in party settings, but in the past 2 years, I haven't touched it. But in the past, that was the only illegal drug I'd done. This annual camping trip, that goes every year around the same time was the very first time I'd done a different drug. And actually its the one time per year, that I do it. I'm not going to say what drug it is, but I do enjoy it, and I feel that once a year is not a big deal. I was wondering...what are your thoughts on this subject?

J

2 comments:

  1. Hi J,
    Interesting blog post. :) I have smoked pot before but it's hard to find people in BC who haven't. It's known as "bc bud" for a reason. lol.

    I have never done any other drugs other than pot which I don't really consider "illegal" considering the police in Van don't do much if they even seeing you smoking a joint. Pot won't kill you or ruin your life the way other drugs do.

    My brother is a recovering meth addict and I saw what that drug did to him. He's not the same after becoming heavily addicted to it. He lost everything and has some brain damage due to it. My sister came close to od'ing on the drug, E and that was enough to make me never want to take it. I've seen what certain drugs have done to people I've been close to and it made me never want to experiment with anything other than pot.

    I prefer now to have a glass of merlot or alcohol if I need to party or relax or have a good time. That's my own personal thoughts.
    Hugs,
    padme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with padme. While I have been fortunate enough to not experience hard drugs first hand, I have seen the nasty side effects of pot (believe me, pot is not all its cracked up to be). That alone has kept me away from any form of illegal substance.

    Just my two cents worth.

    ~b

    ReplyDelete